Tuesday 2 November 2010

Changing Fortunes From Spring to Winter

What a lot of water has passed under the bridge since my last post. It was late Winter , early Spring when I first sat down to describe my strong feelings about leaving permanent employment to take up semi-retirement and working online from home.

Since then I have moved home to a totally different part of the country; Bristol is nothing like the relatively calm and warm face of Coventry, it has a harsh and fast pace about it. The cars travel fast, always in a hurry and they dare you to hesitate on roundabouts. I'm teaching my wife to drive in this highly charged environment so we have already experienced the wrath of many drivers.

Our little boy of two years has also grown up since I quietly sat with time to think about that Fortune Formula. No time to think now, he's well into the 'terrible twos' and letting us know all about it. His latest positive challenge is to remember absolutely everything we say to each other. The negative issues are too many to count, although I suppose he has learned how to fall on his head with seriously injuring himself and how to survive not eating for a week or two at a time; how to manage a temperature so high the thermometer couldn't believe it and how to drive his parents to dispair without suffering more than a hug.

Our fortunes have indeed followed the formula and we are now monitoring and managing our latest investment that will deliver a handsome income in about twelve months from now. We intend buying a new house and home once it rings the magic money bell. On the way so far we have been able to help over twenty other people to jump aboard the fortune train but it's so difficult trying to help people. Most friends and family are so skeptical, not daring to believe that you can actually plan ongoing earnings from a number of websites. It's a though the whole world is virtual outside their own routine and experience - maybe that's a good definition of change.

As the seasons have rolled onwards and the weather has changed to keep us awake, we have managed to keep going to all the supermarkets and spend the fortune that we never had on the same old ready meals and train-loads of vegetables, chips and bottled water. What a sad record of healthy diets... now comes the bit about exercise!

This new lifestyle brings with it a very lazy kind of work. In fact it is not even work. I sit at my computer every day when I can get away from toddler tantrums, I enjoy 'working' but I actually don't move from one hour to the next. I'm sure my brain is enjoying the equivalent of a half marathon every day but my bottom reluctantly goes to sleep all week, every week.

Now the clocks have just gone back for winter I know I'm in a race for Christmas. Family birthdays, Christmas presents and shopping into the late , dark hours. The New Year will be bearing down on us before we can say Rudolf and all the wrapping paper will be filling the rubbish bins for weeks, to say nothing of the dreadful waste of food. Ah well, better recognise that time is sliding by and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. My only hope for appearing in control is to make more financial fortune plans and keep to them before the clocks Spring forward again.

No comments:

Post a Comment